Social Security Trustees Project Increas

Social Security Trustees Project Increase in Wage Base for 2017. On June 23, the Board of Trustees of the Social Security Trust Fund issued its annual report on the financial condition of the social security program. The report estimates that the social security wage base will be $126,000 in 2017 (up from $118,500 this year).

Our offices will be closed Monday, July

Our offices will be closed Monday, July 4th for Independence Day.

We will be closed Monday, May 30th, in o

We will be closed Monday, May 30th, in observance of Memorial Day.

We’re working hard at all hours of the

We’re working hard at all hours of the day to get your 2015 tax returns completed. Thank you for your patience and support.

Can’t Pay Taxes on Time? Here are 5 Tips!

Can’t Pay Taxes On Time? Here Are Five Tips

The IRS urges you to file on time even if you can’t pay what you owe. This saves you from potentially paying a penalty for a late filed return.

Here is what to do if you can’t pay all your taxes by the due date.

1. File on time and pay as much as you can. You can pay online, by phone, or by check or money order. Visit for electronic payment options.

2. Get a loan or use a credit card to pay your tax. The interest and fees charged by a bank or credit card company may be less than IRS interest and penalties. For credit card options, see

3. Use the Online Payment Agreement tool.  You don’t need to wait for IRS to send you a bill before you ask for a payment plan. The best way is to use the Online Payment Agreement tool on You can also file Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request, with your tax return. You can even set up a direct debit agreement. With this type of payment plan, you won’t have to write a check and mail it on time each month.

4. Don’t ignore a tax bill.  If you get a bill, don’t ignore it.  The IRS may take collection action if you ignore the bill. Contact the IRS right away to talk about your options. If you are suffering financial hardship, the IRS will work with you.

5. File to reconcile Advance Payments of the Premium Tax Credit.  You must file a tax return and submit Form 8962 to reconcile advance payments of the premium tax credit with the actual premium tax credit to which you are entitled. You will need Form 1095-A from the Marketplace to complete Form 8962. Failure to reconcile your advance payments of the premium tax credit on Form 8962 may make you ineligible to receive future advance payments.

Remember to file on time. Pay as much as you can by the tax deadline and pay the rest as soon as you can. Find out more about the IRS collection process on Also check out

From the IRS tax tip issue# 2016-48

New Partner Named at McAuley & Crandall,

New Partner Named at McAuley & Crandall, PA.

McAuley & Crandall, PA is pleased to announce the continued growth of our firm with the promotion of Jackie Reynolds, CPA to partner. Jackie has been with our firm since 2002 and provides accounting, tax and consulting services to individuals and small businesses.
Mrs. Reynolds holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from University of Missouri – Kansas City. She earned her CPA certification in 2012 & is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Kansas Society of CPAs. Jackie has also participated in the Leawood Chamber Young Professionals Committee since its inception four years ago. She also regularly attends both the Leawood and Overland Park Chamber Young Professional events.
Nancy McAuley co-founder of the firm, described Jackie as “a visionary leader who will help us become the firm of the future.”
McAuley & Crandall, PA has been serving clients in the Metro area for nearly 15 years. The firm offers a variety of services including individual and business taxation, accounting & bookkeeping, auditing services and governmental representation. They work closely with their clients to understand their financial health and strategize a plan to maximize their goals. More information about the firm, its partners and services can be found on their website at http://www.MCcpas.

The 2016 mileage rates are out & we have

The 2016 mileage rates are out & we have posted them on our website for your reference!
Business purposes 54 cents per mile

Medical/Moving purposes 19 cents per mile

Charitable purposes 14 cents per mile

Previous Older Entries


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 274 other followers